U.S. Freelance Social Media Manager
Salary: $45,000 (pro-rata)
Hours of work: Full Time
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Work base: The position will be remote (home-based)
Contract: 6 months fixed term contract (with the potential to extend to a permanent position)
Million Dollar Vegan is an international campaign seeking to inspire and engage with world leaders, influencers and individuals to take a vegan pledge. Through high profile media coverage and bold digital and print advertising, our aim is to reduce animal suffering, protect our living planet and improve human health.
We are an audacious and ground-breaking international organization. Our last campaign received $15 million of editorial value equivalent (EVE) media coverage and gained a collective social media following of 100k. BUT, we’re thinking much bigger with our second campaign…!
We are seeking a Freelance Social Media Manager to join our communications team in the U.S. and manage Million Dollar Vegan’s social media presence across all of our English platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
With online engagement a key deliverable of our campaign, your role as Social Media Manager will be an integral part of growing Million Dollar Vegan’s audience, encouraging individual vegan pledges and increasing supporter engagement.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Social Media Manager is responsible for:
• Creating and implementing the social media strategy for Million Dollar Vegan in association with the senior management team
• Managing Million Dollar Vegan’s social media channels to maximize impact and delivery against the campaign’s objectives, including posting/scheduling content and writing title/copy
• Listening and responding to influencers and engaged audience members and strengthening relationships with key organizations and individuals
• Working with other team members who use social media (i.e. non-English Million Dollar Vegan channels) to optimize their social media strategy
• Overseeing and developing the current content plan:
– creating engaging and high-quality graphic and video content using simple content-creation tools;
– instructing and managing video editors and designers for more complex content
• Monitoring industry trends and platform updates to improve and optimize Million Dollar Vegan’s social media strategies
• Tracking insights and social media analytics and writing regular, detailed reports for the senior management team on target progress, including updates on follower statistics, high/low-performing posts, trends and engagement
• Protecting and enhancing Million Dollar Vegan’s reputation at all times, in particular during the peak campaign period, responding strategically to feedback and comments in line with the organization’s policies and moderation standards
• Assisting with staff resourcing for delivery of the next Million Dollar Vegan campaign, including the recruitment and managing of staff during peak periods (December 2019-January 2020)
Undertake any other tasks commensurate with the requirements and skills and competency base of the post.
• Minimum of two years’ relevant experience in a similar role
• Demonstrable track record of using social media channels to drive engagement, conversions and change behavior
• Experience using social media management tools such as Sprout Social. Experience with Facebook Ad Manager is desirable, but not essential
• In-depth, up-to-date knowledge of digital marketing best practice
• Excellent copywriting skills
• An understanding of the appropriate use of content and language on social media
• Experience in content planning and creating engaging social media content
• Previous experience working within the animal rights/protection movement and/or good knowledge and familiarity with the animal protection movement
• Ability to discover, engage, and cultivate social media relationships
• Very well-organized and attentive to detail
To apply, please submit an up-to-date resume and a cover letter of no more than 500 words that answers the following questions:
1. Why do you want to work for Million Dollar Vegan?
2. What will you bring to our organization?
Please email these to [email protected]
Closing date for completed applications: Monday 19 August 2019. We are keen to fill the position soon, so we will begin the interview process on a rolling basis.
Million Dollar Vegan is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all members of the team.