We’ve scoured the planet for the very best whole foods plant-based (WFPB) lifestyle resources, created by the most reputable and experienced health and nutrition specialists out there. We’ve even put together a comprehensive list of health-and-immunity-boosting foods that you can feast on, as well as a list of foods to avoid if you want to get healthy.
Take a look, and don’t forget to SIGN UP TO TRY VEGAN with us today to gain access to even more amazing resources, practical tips, and recipes.
Whole Food, Plant-Based Goodness:
- Fruits: Berries, citrus fruits, pears, peaches, pineapple, bananas, apples, avocados
- Vegetables: Kale, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, peppers, etc.
- Starchy vegetables: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, etc.
- Whole grains: Brown rice, rolled oats, farro, quinoa, brown rice pasta, barley, wholewheat bread, etc.
- Legumes: Peas, chickpeas, lentils, peanuts, black beans, etc.
- Seeds, nuts and nut butters: Almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, natural peanut butter, tahini, etc.
- Unsweetened plant-based milks: Coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, rice milk
- Spices, herbs and seasonings: Basil, rosemary, turmeric, curry, black pepper, garlic, paprika, etc.
- Condiments (without added sugar): Salsa, mustard, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, etc.
- Plant-based protein: Tofu, tempeh, plant-based protein sources, or plant-based protein powders with no added sugar or artificial ingredients
- Beverages: Coffee, tea, sparkling water, etc.
Foods to Avoid:
- Fast food: French fries, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, etc.
- Added sugars and sweets: Table sugar, soda, juice, pastries, cookies, candy, sweet tea, sugary cereals, etc.
- Refined grains: White rice, white pasta, white bread, bagels, etc.
- Packaged and convenience foods: Chips, crackers, cereal bars, frozen dinners, etc.
- Processed vegan foods: Plant-based meats, faux cheeses, vegan butters, etc.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Animal products: meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, gelatin, casein and whey
Recommended Healthy Recipe Sources:
- Engine 2 Diet, by Rip Esselstyn
- How Not To Die Cookbook, by Dr Michael Greger
- Cookbook for Reversing Diabetes, by Dr. Neal Barnard.
- Forks Over Knives Cookbook, by Del Soufre
- The China Study Cookbook, by LeAnne Campbell
- Get Healthy, Go Vegan cookbook, by Dr. Neal Barnard
- The Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook, by Ann & Jane Esselstyn
- Oh She Glows cookbook, by Angela Lidden
- 21-Day Weight-Loss Kickstart, by Dr. Neal Barnard
- The No Meat Athlete Cookbook, by Matt Frazier & Stefanie Romine
- Thrive Energy Cookbook, by Brendan Brazier
Online support groups
- Forks Over Knives Official Plant-Based Group
- T. Colin Campbell Plant-Based Nutrition
- 100% Esselstyn Nutrition Forum
- McDougall WFPB
- The Engine 2 Plant-Strong Community
- Whole Foods Plant Based No Oil Recipe Share
Sign up to Try Vegan for 31-Days with us, and we’ll send you even more amazing resources to help make your journey a huge success!Try Vegan